Sunday, May 24, 2015

Up, Up And Away


This should have happened years ago. Life, time, fear you name it, I let it get in the way of writing a blog. Not that I haven’t been busy. Still it’s all excuses.

I had been writing my own heavy metal blog Metal In Oz. Allegedly I didn’t get an update in time and I have lost the domain name. Rather than complain and fight I decided to move on.

Heavy metal is the greatest form of music in the world. Nothing comes close and to experience it live is amazing. From a writing perspective it is incredibly limiting. Here out on my own I can write about metal, I can also write about anything I want. If all goes well I can write about what you want.

While my disability will be a priority, it won’t be the focal point. There will also be wrestling, comics and whatever else I think is important.

When it comes to my disability, don’t be afraid to ask questions. I will actually write a blog about this but it’s significance is not lost on me. By remaining silent about life with disability nobody learns anything. Most frustratingly people disability themselves don’t get to know what’s possible. Something that is far from ideal as they need to know more than anyone.

You may not always agree with my viewpoint, sometimes you might completely disagree with my opinion. In some ways that would be good because it means I have got you thinking.

Whatever goes on hopefully you will see passion, determination and above all else honesty.

1 comment:

  1. It's a great start. Look forward to hearing a lot more.

    ReplyDelete